Monday, August 4, 2008

New Job!

Ok, I know this has been a long time coming...a whole 2 weeks! So on July 21st I started at Madigan Army Medical Center as a CNA in the OB/GYN Clinic. I just love my job! I pretty much just check people in, take their vitals, show them to there rooms, get the supplies ready, assist the Dr., and clean their room. Sometimes it can get busy and there are difficult moments when women are in pain (due to contractions, miscarriages, or the procedures), but there is no heavy lifting involved. It is amazing to me how God has prepared my heart to be in this position through my work with CareNet and being there for my friends during their own difficult moments, so that I may have the compassion that will really make the difference to the women I work with. Some of them have no friends or family around to support them, and often their only contact outside the home is when they go to the Dr. I pray that I will be a light and a comfort to all those around me!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica....I happy for you and your new job! I know you'll be a good witness to those women and their families. It's exciting to see how much you've grown in the Lord these last couple of years. May God continue to bless you, Cris, and you're baby girl.
Love Wendy E.

keeley

Background